Friday, May 15, 2009

Ah.. food... salvatioN!

Heard that saying " The way to a man's heart is through his stomach". I always thought this needed some alteration (slightly more to the south :) ) until I met Ankur Gandhe@Brest.

There he was; poor guy. Tired, restless and famished. He was fighting a losing battle with the stomach. And that is when he decided to grab the cooker, stab the rice bag with a knife and
set out to conquer the damn wretched hunger! Although no prior experience in France, he had cooked several times at home. And let me tell you, he might have cursed his mother a million times for all the cooking she made him do, but that night, that night he thanked her a billion times; The cooking was just parfait.

The rice was delicious and so was the dal. Never had I felt the taste of pulses so ravishing! But who wont, after having boiled beans and fried potatoes for lunch! Add some pickle to this and a bar of choconut! I wish I had someone to flaunt my cooking skills to. It was weird sitting alone and praising my own cooking. :) Anyway, last night's dinner was even better. Went to a friend's place and had Rajma-chawal. Delicious!

Finally my food crisis are also to end. Now the only thing left is : EUROTRIP! Je viens baby!
:D
:D :D

3 comments:

  1. i feel angry of my mother for not making me cook at home ever :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. @iyer Rajma chawal at another indian's place
    @sarab koi nahi... tu maze se paranta/fanta khana waha par :)

    ReplyDelete